Our volunteer program aims to create connections between community members and culture through vibrant volunteering opportunities.
Volunteers will help Lake Macquarie City bring arts, culture, history and literacy to life through a range of volunteer placements in Lake Mac Libraries, the Museum of Art and Culture Lake Macquarie, yapang (MAC), cultural venues across the City and at events and festivals.
- meet like-minded people
- engage with arts, culture, history and literacy in Lake Macquarie City
- contribute to valuable educational programs in your community
- develop skills and learn new things
- ensure volunteering is mutually beneficial for the volunteer and Council
- provide training, supervision and consultation to ensure activities are, undertaken safely and effectively
- provide a safe and healthy workplace for volunteers
- provide an engaging and friendly workplace for volunteers
- match volunteer skills with volunteer duties
- recognise the valuable contribution volunteers make and provide social opportunities for volunteers
How to get involved
Keep an eye on Council's website for recruitment dates. Intake is twice a year. For more information contact the Lifelong Learning and Audience Development Coordinator on 4921 0333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.