Terms and Conditions - Land Art Challenge
MAC Land Art Challenge - Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents aged between 12-24 (inclusive), excluding Lake Macquarie City Council staff.
3. Promotion commences at 5PM Australian Eastern Daylight Time (“AEDT”) on 1 July, 2020 and closes at 5PM AEDT on 16 August, 2020 (“Promotion Period”).
4. To enter, entrants must: Like @themacmuseum on Facebook and/ or Instagram. Create an outdoor artwork – using natural material. Share your artwork with @themacmuseum on Facebook and Instagram – using the hashtag #MACLandArt2020 Entrants may enter the competition more than once.
6. To be eligible to win the ‘prizes’, during the promotional period, entrants must create an artwork using natural found materials, like @themacmuseum on Facebook or Instagram and share the artwork with @themacmuseum on Facebook and Instagram-using the hashtag #MACLandArt2020
7. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Entries will be judged based on creativity and originality, with winners to be determined by the Museum of Art and Culture’s team.
8. The ‘major prize’ is 1 x set of Beats EP On-Ear Headphones valued at $139.
There are also 5 x $20 vouchers for the Sculpture Café at MAC.
9. Total prize pool for the promotion is valued up to $239 RRP.
10. The winners will be selected by the MAC team at 126-138 Main Road Speers Point NSW 2284. The draw will take place by Friday 28 August 2020
11. The winner/s will be notified by social media within two business days of the draw/s.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any individual entrant or group of entrants for tampering with the entry process. The Promoter may in its complete discretion preclude that entrant from participation in any or all future promotions of the Promoter.
13. Prizes are not transferable and non-redeemable for cash.
14. Prize value is correct at time of printing but no responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of any prize.
15. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Promoter retains the absolute discretion to require a winner to provide proof of age, residential address and identity in a form determined by the Promoter before awarding the prize. If the winner is under the age of 18, the prize will be awarded to their parent/guardian.
17. If the prizes remain unclaimed, the Promoter may conduct an unclaimed prize draw at 126-138 Main Rd Speers Point NSW 2284 on Sep 30, 2020. The first valid entry drawn will win the unclaimed prize, and so on until all unclaimed prizes have been awarded. The winner will be notified by telephone or email within two (2) business days of the draw.
18. The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
19. Entrants and prize winners consent to their name and artwork being published by the Promoter or the media. Entrants and prize winners must also consent to a short interview with Council and the media where their interview responses may be used in media or promotional material at the Promoter’s absolute discretion.
20. Prize winners should look to the manufacturer of products or provider of services awarded for all warranties. Winners should look to the Retail Supplier for locations of service providers. These terms and conditions do not exclude or limit the application of any statutory provision (including a provision of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010) where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these terms and conditions to be void.
21. The Promoter is not responsible if a prize is lost, stolen, destroyed, or used without the winner’s permission. The Promoter is also not responsible for the availability and provision of services associated with the use of the prize.
22. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
23. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. The Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
24. The Promoter is Lake Macquarie City Council. [ABN 81 065 027 868] of 126-138 Main Road Speers Point NSW 2284.